January 13, 2009

I got to create!

I had a good night last night. The girls played in their playroom while I put more stuff away and actually got to create! I made this card (sorry for the blurry picture.. I was trying not to use my flash)


2009 01 12_0557  
CS: PTI Raspberry Fizz and Stampers Select White; PP: PTI Raspberry FIzz;   
Stamps: PTI Heartfelt Basics, PTI Borders and Corners- Circle
Other: Flowers-Heidi Swapp, Cuttlebug Flowers Die; Rhinestone - Prima;
Stickles; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; Fiskars Scallop scissors


I wanted to play with my new Raspberry Fizz CS and PP from Papertrey Ink! The base is out of the PTI Stampers Select White CS. I cut a 4.25 x 5 piece of Raspberry Fizz CS, used my SU Scallop Border Punch on the bottom and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The Friendship script in the Raspberry Fizz PP set was perfect since this is a Bday card for a friend. I cut it .5" smaller than the CS and wrapped a piece of Swiss Dot Raspberry Fizz Ribbon around the center.


The flower is made from a Heidi Swapp daisy and the Cuttlebug Flower dies. I cut the Raspberry Fizz and the white together and alternated colors. I believe that the rhinestone is from Prima, but I have them all mixed up so I am not sure. The "for a special lady", and the sentiment inside is from PTIs Heartfelt Basics. The small flower is from Borders and Corners- Circles set. They did not get lined up properly, but it is handmade... so I left it. I did not have the right size nestabilities so I trimmed the white, layered it onto some more Raspberry Fizz and then used my Fiskars Scallop scissors to scallop the edge. Then I used pop dots to give the sentiment some dimension and added some stickles on the center of the small flowers! I love this color combo and the PP.


2009 01 12_0559




7 comments:

abi said...

beautiful card love the flower and the gem.

Susan W. said...

Very pretty and love that color paper

Michelle Walpole said...

Isn't this is gentle. A lovley card Kelly!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very, very pretty card!! tfs!!
-t

Dianne K said...

Great card. I love the simplicity of it.

Bonnie Sharp said...

So beautiful ! I love that flower combo!

Amy said...

Very, very lovely!