January 14, 2009

Day 13 - Relay for Life

I took this picture in the car on the way to my Relay for Life Committee meeting last night. The pink and white bag has my textbook and homework in it, the black bag behind it is my laptop bag, and the purple bag on the floor is my Relay bag. The Relay bag usually stays in the car unless I am working on something Relay related. The other two bags are with me most of the time.


20090113


 Speaking of Relay... I am sending out an email to friends and family today asking for donations to my Relay for Life Team. I started out with the default message that the ACS has on their page, but decided that maybe people would want to know WHY I am involved in the Relay for Life.


This is why.


So far I have been blessed. No one in my family (that I know of) has had to fight cancer. I have not had to fight cancer. And I want to keep it that way.


I Relay so that Megan and Lauren do not have to be afraid of Cancer.


I Relay for my co-workers who have been diagnosed, are caretakers, and for those who have lost the fight.


I Relay for my friends who have lost so many loved ones to this disease.


I Relay so that if I am ever diagnosed with Cancer, I will know that a cure is out there, and so is help.


If you would like to help me in my fight, here is a link to my personal Relay page. http://main.acsevents.org/goto/kellymb



No comments: