May 31, 2011

Stamp Inventory and Storage

I have a lot of stamps from many different companies and many different formats (wood, cling, clear etc) and have some that have never touched ink because I forgot that I had them!
Previously all of my wood mount and cling stamps (mostly SU) were in a Sterlite cart, while my clear stamps were in binders. But then my binder pages started coming out and the wood and cling stamps were neglected. I started to set up a Rolodex style inventory.. but that was too much work to be honest. So this is what I ended up with after going through a lot of blogs and message board posts about stamp organization... and it works for me!

The cover is made out of chipboard that my curtains were folded around and some binder rings:

Inside each stamp set is stamped onto a simple sheet of computer paper (cut in half) and labeled with the Manufacturer, Stamp Name, and a number. (click on image to make it bigger)

The clear stamp sets are in CD or DVD cases depending on size (SU Cling come in DVD cases already, so I purchased some extras for my other large sets). The stamp sheets with just a number tell me that they are in CD cases, a "D" before the number stands for DVD case, and a "W" tells me that it is wood mount. The wood mount stamps are in the SU clam cases and also are numbered, with exception of my wood Christmas stamps which are all together in a small bin.

The CD and DVD cases are in these boxes from Amazon and are stored in a closet behind my workspace. I need to get a couple more boxes!

It is hard to see in the next picture, but here is an example of the numbered CD cases

And the wood stamps are in bins on the same shelf of the closet. 

Eventually I will organize the stamp inventory sheets by category.. but for now it is already so much easier to find my stamps, and I have been using the wood mounts more now that I see them with all of the rest of my stamps!

ETA*** I found the link for the stamp organization that mine is based off of!

May 23, 2011

Megan's 6th Birthday Mini Album - Finally!

I started on this mini-album MONTHS ago and just finished it this weekend! I bought a bunch of the American Crafts Dear Lizzy - Spring Collection and started covering a Maya Road mini-album (+ a few extra pages cut from chipboard) with the patterned paper and the fabric "paper". After a few hours spent cutting and adhering I was burnt out and set the project aside. I was finally motivated to work on the album and got pictures and embellishments added! The only supplies NOT American Crafts is the buttons (SU), the "Celebrate" title (KI Memories, scribbles), and misc ribbon from my stash.

I only took a couple of pictures of the inside pages... this is not all of them.

May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Gift

Does this count for a Make it Monday challenge if I made it on Sunday? Probably not, but I actually used the Selective Inking technique demonstrated in this week's video! I also stamped inside of my card, though it is not anywhere near as pretty as Erin Lincoln's card.

I purchased these Vera Bradley item's for my Mom for Mother's Day and wanted to make a coordinating card. I used multiple stamp sets (all PTI though) and inks (PTI and Memento) on PTI CS for the floral background. When I was done with the background I was not sure where to put the sentiment...  so I dug through my dies and found the Tea for Two label die (I have never used it...) and it was the perfect size! Then I went through my new stamp catalog (pictures and post on it to come) and found the perfect sentiment, but it was a long one. So, I carefully inked up "Happy" first, when I was done stamping it I cleaned off my stamp real good, and used scotch tape to cover up the "Happy" and "Day" so that I could ink up "Mother's", once the ink was on I peeled off the tape and stamped "Mother's" in the middle. "Day" was easy since it was on the end and I could ink it up on it's own.
Before adding the ribbon and tag I decided that the background needed a little something else, so I broke out my score-tape and some Martha Stewart glitter and made a glitter border around the background. Once the ribbon and tag were adhered, I popped the panel up on SU dimensionals on the card base which was made out of the same PTI CS.
I stamped a little more on the inside of the card and then put everything in a gift bag. I am not really thrilled with how the gift bag turned out, but Mom loved it.