August 26, 2009

I have a 5 year old!!!

2009 08 25_2097a

Yesterday Megan turned 5. She wanted a Strawberry Shortcake birthday, and a Strawberry Shortcake dress, and white cupcakes with strawberry frosting on them. So that is what she got. I searched EBay and Etsy for days looking for a Strawberry Shortcake dress. I got this one for a steal! She loves it, we had so many compliments on it, and Lauren wants a Strawberry Shortcake birthday next year so that she can wear it.
Megan milked being the "birthday girl" all day. It was "the birthday girls wants Burger King for dinner" (so we got Burger King), "the Birthday girl gets to pick out the movie" (Strawberry Shortcake of course) etc. They pretty much get to do what they want on their birthday, within reason. Bedtime was still 8pm, she still could not eat dinner in the living room while watching TV, and she still had to share with her sister. But the rest of it was all Megan.

This morning in the car I put on my lip gloss (we were still in the driveway) and Lauren asked what it was. I told her that it was lip gloss. She replied: "When I am a grown up I am going to be a Mommy and wear lip gloss." She is such a cutie!



2 comments:

Karen said...

What an adorable dress on an adorable little girl! Love it.

Jen said...

I love the dress. And I can't believe how fast Megan is growing! What an amazing little girl you have! Enjoy every moment! When do you guys leave for your Disney cruise??