August 11, 2009

Backyard Summer Fun

I actually completed a scrapbook layout today!

2009 08 11_2021

I need to take a better picture of it.. but I wanted to post it!
The background is some kraft CS from my stash that I randomly stamped polka dot circles on with PTI's Vintage Cream ink. I wanted a neutral kraft background, but thought that it was too plain once I had most of the elements on. Yep, I added the polka dots AFTER most of the layout was done. I used a scrap sheet of paper to mask off the photos, and actually peeled up one of the letters to stamp behind it. Luckily I used a glue stick for the letters so they came up pretty easily.

I played with April's Cricut and cut out the title (Summer and 2009)
The "backyard" is actually Thickers, but the green was not the right color. So I just tapped my PTI New Leaf inkpad on the Thickers and they turned out perfect! I do not have a detail picture of the "fun" in the title, but I used the small polka dots in PTIs Polka Dot Basics stamp set to fill in behind the "fun" letters for a little more detail.

2009 08 11_2026 

2009 08 11_2028 

Supplies used:

Ink: PTI Vintage Cream & New Leaf
PP: Scenic Route
CS: PTI VIntage Cream & Misc Kraft
Stamps: PTI Borders and Corners Cirlces & Polka Dot Basics
Alphas: Scenic Route, Thickers, Cricut (Plantin SChoolbook)
Other: MM Brad (green), MM journaling page, misc brad/flower/tag



1 comment:

Abi said...

what a great layout! if only our weather had stayed dry long enough for our kids to go outside :(