August 24, 2009

Fall Helpers

2009 08 16_2091

Supplies: MME PP, Bazzill CS, MM Journaling page, Martha Stewart glitter,
Heidi Swapp journaling spots, misc brads


Another new layout! When I was finished with the layout I decided that it needed something else, and I wanted to add brads to the scallops. I could not find the right color brads though. I remembered a tutorial I saw online somewhere to change the color of brads with embossing powders, so I decided to give it a try!

2009 08 16_2089 

2009 08 16_2090 

I used my heat gun to heat up the brad, and then dipped it in the embossing powder. After heating the embossing powder I dipped the brad into the glitter. Another blast of the heat gun and the glitter was set! I added some more glitter to the PP for a final touch and then called it done!



1 comment:

tanya grittmann said...

very cool - will have to try this! One never has the correct brad color when one needs it!
Tgritty