July 7, 2009

Wedding Card

Here is the card that I made to go with the Recipe Box (below).

2009 07 02_1467
2009 07 02_1468

I embossed the swirls on the PTI CS using my Cuttlebug embossing folder and trimmed to fit on the front of the card. I used the same ribbon as I used on the recipe box, but added a clear blue button (PTI) under the bow. I stamped the sentiment using PTIs Smokey Shadow ink on a scrap of paper and then used the EKSuccess mini scalloped punch on the bottom. After matting it on the blue Bazzill CS I decided that it needed something else so I covered all of the holes in the scallop with the same pearls that I used on the Recipe Box. The sentiment is popped up using foam squares giving it a little more dimension.

I love the Smokey Shadow ink from PTI. Black would have been too harsh on the front of this card, and I did not have the right blue ink to match the blue CS (Since it is not PTI). The grey ink worked perfectly though!



2 comments:

Patti O said...

Beautiful. So elegant with the swirl embossing.

Abi said...

gorgeous!