July 14, 2009

Using scraps pt 1

When I was done making the card and bow for my Moms gifts I still had quite a bit of the Doodlebug PP left on my workspace. I decided to use it! I made 2 more cards using the same PP.
I started with the Stampers Select White CS from PTI and used the EKSuccess mini border punch on the edge (I had scored the CS wrong, so this "fixed" it). Then I added a piece of PTIs Lemon Tart Bitty Boxes PP. I layered the Doodlebug PP on that and added the ribbon and bow. Then I had to decide on my focal image. I pulled out PTIs Garden of Life stamp set and stamped the flowers and sentiment in Hibiscus Burst. I added a little lemon tart in the center of the flowers and some Diamond Stickles on top of them. I layered the focal image on the Hibuscus Burst CS, and popped it up with pop dots.. but thought it needed something else. I punched a butterfly (using a Martha Stewart punch) out of some Lemon Tart CS, added some American Crafts bling and more stickles!

2009 07 12_1688



2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Another pretty card!!

Abi said...

i really like this butterfly! very pretty!