July 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Mpm3

This is my first Menu Plan Monday post. Eric has been bugging me for a while to start coming up with weekly menus. I found this post at orgjunkie.com and decided to play along. So, here is my menu plan for this week. I will go grocery shopping this afternoon for MOST of the items. Friday we plan on having guests over for dinner, and the meal I plan on making requires a lot of fresh veggies so I will pick those up Thursday afternoon.

Monday: BLT with Chips and salsa (the only thing I need to buy for this is bread)
Tuesday: Turkey Eggplant Casserole (found here)
Wednesday: Picante Chicken
Thursday: Soup and Salad
Friday: Timballo
Saturday: Breakfast (I love having breakfast for dinner!)
Sunday: Leftover night!

Now, lets see if I can stick to it!



5 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck! I hope to do this when the kids get older. HUGE money saver! :-)

KC said...

I do this during the school year, and it's so great! I always know exactly what I'm doing for dinner, I can prep things in advance so that it's not taking me forever to get dinner on the table after work and I can shop with a plan in mind.

darnold23 said...

I hope you will come by Dining With Debbie and sign up for Crock Pot Wednesday. Mister Linky is up and waiting for your entry. The first of the three giveaways is already posted. You won't want to miss out on these. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com

JessieGinAZ said...

welcome to menu plan monday I LOVE it and am also some what new
whats tamballo?

Kelly Boettcher said...

Timballo is an italian casserole of sorts. Super yummy!