March 23, 2009

Crafty weekend

I spent quite a bit of time in my craft room this weekend! I will spread out the posts... but this is my favorite thing that I made.

2009 03 22_0860
2009 03 22_0864

2009 03 22_0866

2009 03 22_0867

2009 03 22_0869

Materials:
Paper Mache Box - Hobby Lobby
Mini album - Melissa Frances
Paint - Ranger Distress Picket Fence Crackle, MM Celery & Asphalt
PP - Chatterbox, Doodlebug (inside mini album)
CS - PTI Hibiscus, Stampers Select White, Summer Sumrise
Ink - PTI Hibiscus, Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding, New Leaf
Stamps - PTI Wishing You, Just Hatched
Ribbon - PTI New Leaf bitty dot, Hibiscus satin
Other - SU Scallop border punch, Marvy oval punches, Hobby Lobby bling

I have had this box sitting on my craft table for a couple of weeks now and finally sat down to make something with it! I used the crackle paint on the egg and on the cover of the mini album. For the base of the box I covered the front with Chatterbox flocked paper. The back and sides I painted with the MM celery paint, with a bit of the asphalt paint mixed in to match the PP.

I did not like the front of the mini album with just the crackle paint so I cut the PP a little smaller, so that the finish would still show, and put it on the cover.
It is really hard to see in the pictures, but I just love the different textures between the crackle finish, flocked papers and the satin ribbons. Oh, we can't forget the little bit of bling!



6 comments:

cknutti said...

Very pretty! The springy colors are great.

Nancy Bush said...

So adorable...and so glad you were able to spend time in the craft room!!

Emily (stampingout) said...

This is awesome, Kelly! Love the color combo! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

This is great, Kelly!!! tfs!!
-t

Debbie O'Neal said...

Love it ! So pretty and fun too :) TFS

Shannon McClure said...

Very cute! I'm featuring you on my blog. Come check yourselk out and grab my featured button!