December 2, 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

but the fire is so delightful, and since there's no place to go,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of winter weather.  As long as I do not have to go outside in it, I love snow. Everything looks a little bit magical with a layer of glittery snow covering it, and Christmas just is not the same if it is not a White Christmas.

However... as soon as I have to walk out in it, drive in it, or heaven forbid actually shovel it, my opinion of snow quickly deteriorates. 

I am just not comfortable with a cold nose and ears, and it takes me forever to warm up again! Eric on the other hand loves the snow, and for the most part the girls agree. Of course this means that I am guilted into snowball fights and snow-cave building (ok.. to be honest the snow cave was built while I was at work

Eric is even trying to convince me to move to Wisconsin when we retire! I am still not convinced and have agreed to a compromise that involves traveling somewhere warm from January - March.

(disclaimer... it has not yet snowed in Kansas this winter so these pictures are from 2 years ago. I did shovel snow last year, I promise... no one was brave enough to attempt to capture it on camera though)




No comments: