December 2, 2008

Our weekend

I decided NOT to go shopping on Black Friday (Sorry Mom and Amanda!) instead stayed home and put up the tree. I fought with our "pre-lit" tree for hours before going to the store to buy some strings of lights. Unless you are really close to the tree you can not even tell that it is half pre-lit and half traditional lights!


2008 11 30_0248



The girls had a good time putting up the ornaments, now if only they would leave them alone! They have already had 2 time-outs from playing with the ornaments, and the tree has only been up for 3 days!


I love sitting in my chair at night looking at the tree all lit up. I have a few other Christmas vignettes that I put up this weekend as well. Most of the items were from Judy (either given to me as gifts or acquired after she passed) so they are special to us.


Our Nativity was a Birthday gift from Judy a few years ago:  


2008 11 30_0250



And my snowmen (on the bakers rack in the dining room) were all from Judy as well:


2008 11 30_0237



I have a few other Christmas vignettes around the house as well, I just have not taken pictures of them yet! I put the snow-globes and musical figurines in the girl's room, and the bells (most of which were from my Grandmother) are in my bedroom.


I just love decorating for the Holidays!



No comments: