December 29, 2008

Our Christmas

We had a pretty good Christmas this year. We were in charge of the food for Christmas eve, so we decided to host it at our house. Dwayne, Sarah, Monty, Alana and Marin all came over for dinner and to exchange gifts.


2008 12 24_0434   


After Sarah's family left, the girls got to open their Christmas PJs and Grandpa read them a story (Twas the Night Before Christmas.. of course!) before bed. Amazingly enough they went right to bed.


2008 12 24_0461_edited-1 


On Christmas morning we woke up and opened gifts at home before heading over to my parent's house.


2008 12 25_0402_edited-1 


Where we opened MORE gifts. We had maybe 3 or 4 gifts to open at each "celebration". Not to much.. more than enough for the kids.


2008 12 25_0412_edited-1 
(The kids passed out the presents)


My favorite gift this year was my watch from Eric, but a VERY close second is the stories and pictures from my Grandmother. I asked my grandparents this past summer for some stories about their childhood, my mother's childhood etc. I told them that for Birthdays and Christmas from now on, that is all that I wanted from them. I received 2 stories for my birthday, and another set for Christmas. This time it included pictures of my grandmother as a little girl!


Priceless.


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Now I get to take all of the holiday decor down. I am always sad taking down the decor. The house just looks sad without it...



1 comment:

Karen said...

You don't have to pack it up yet! Christmas doesn't end until the 12th day of Christmas, which is January 6th, Epiphany :)