June 2, 2009

Little Miss Independent

This is my other layout that I made this weekend. More MME PP. The mat for the main focal picture is from CS out of my scrap drawer. I think that it is Bazzill. I used the Fiskars threading water border punch to mimic the scallops in the PP. My title started out with just the "Miss independent", but I decided that I needed another embellishment down there, and pulled out my "red" drawer. I was playing with a scrap of red fabric, started pleating it and liked what I saw. So I taped the pleat down and ran the fabric and my LO through the sewing machine. Then I just trimmed down my pleated fabric to the size I wanted it. Much easier than trimming it to that width and THEN trying to sew it! The MM (I think) metal "i" was also in my stash. I have had that forever, I think that it came in a kit a couple of years ago. Finally I found the perfect place for it!

Journaling reads " Of course it spilled right after I took the picture. Lauren - January 15, 2009"

2009 05 31_1239
2009 05 31_1212


Supply List:

PP, Chipboard - My Minds Eye

CS - Bazzill

Rubons - Creative Imaginations

Stickers - American Crafts

Metal "i" - MM
Bling - The Paper Studio

Misc - Brads, bookplate and red fabric from stash



4 comments:

abi said...

this is such a cute photo, it made me smile i normally find the kids after they've spilt it everywhere. great layout!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very, very nice page!!!

jan mosier said...

LOL. I love this! Your photo is priceless and the title fits it perfectly! Good job, Kelly!

Patti said...

I love the composition of this layout. Such a big container of milk for such little hands to manage. What a memory you have captured.