September 8, 2008

Weekend

I was pretty busy this weekend.


I decided that since Eric had dressed the girls in jeans and long sleeve shirts Thursday, that meant it was time for me to decorate for fall. I love fall.. the crisp air, warm colors, Harvest Yankee candles (my absolute fav!). Eric wasn't convinced, but he didn't really have much of a say since he was heading off to work!


Saturday night I watched Jason and Kendra's kids so they could go out for her 21st birthday. The kids were pretty good all night and Megan and Lauren were excited to have a sleepover.


Sunday morning Eric made French Toast (yummy!) before he left for work. I took the kids out back to play, and Justin slid in dog poo, so I gave him a quick bath and got him changed. Jason and Kendra showed up around 1230 to get the kids. After that I got busy cleaning and re-arranging. I moved the glider from the girl's room and put it downstairs. Not quite sure where it will go yet, but I don't want to get rid of quite yet. The reason for this change is that I wanted to get the HUGE barbie house out of the living room. So the glider had to move, the bookcase was moved in it's place, and the Barbie house where the bookcase was. I also moved the toy chest in the living room into another corner, and brought a bunch of toys downstairs to the play room.


Then I vacuumed the upstairs, swept and mopped the kitchen and bathroom, gave the girls a bath, shampooed the carpet where Lauren pooped after her bath (poor thing has the runs.. and didn't have a pull-up on yet. She was so upset!) went ahead and shampooed a spot in the living room that needed it as well.


I got the girls in bed, took a shower, did all of the dishes, cleaned out the fridge and took out the trash, folded 3 loads of laundry and then sat down with a glass of Eric's port and watched the Bones season premier that we had on the DVR for almost a week. It was nice to sit there and enjoy my drink, looking around at the clean living room with all my pretty fall decorations up. I just hope that it is all still clean when I went home since Eric stayed home with the girls today (Lauren can't go to daycare with the runs).


And that was my weekend! This week I have a final due (Thursday), dinner with a friend of Eric's and his 2 kids (Friday), and the circus and a starlight show (Saturday). Hopefully I will be able to relax, and maybe play in my scrapbook room on Sunday!



1 comment:

Jen said...

WOW Supermom! Holy cow!!! :-)
Hey, you've gotta take pics of everything!! I want to visualize the girls' room and the changes you made! :-)
So jealous you can drink port. Have another glass for me, hon. :-)