December 1, 2007

Not a happy Thanksgiving

I am sorry that I have not posted in here this month. The first week of the month I was out of town on business. Shortly after I returned Eric's Mom had a heart attack and went into the hospital. After a week in and out of ICU she passed away on Friday, November 23. We buried her this past Wednesday and are trying to get some sense of normalcy back. I did not realize just how hard it was to say goodbye to a loved one, but we are all doing ok. The kids are young enough not to understand, however this is both a good thing and a bad thing. I am glad that they are not experiencing the pain and sadness that the adults are, but because they are so young they will not remember how much their grandmother loved them. Of course we will tell them about her, and we have pictures of her as well. I just wish that I had sat down with her and asked her questions so that I could tell her story (or at least a small part of it) in our family scrapbooks. Sarah, Eric and Dwayne may be able to fill in some of the gaps, but it will not be the same. This does encourage me to sit down with my Grandparents and parents to get their story down. You just never know when you will lose someone that you love.



Ok, hopefully my next post will have happy stuff in it. I have some pictures from my weekend visiting Mary, and some cute pictures of the girls that I need to get off of my camera.



No comments: