February 1, 2010

Love Banner

I have been wanting to make a banner for ages... and this weekend I finally did! The girls wanted to decorate for Valentines Day, but unfortunately I do not have much in the way of Valentines Day decor. So down to the craft room I went!


I started with a paper pack from K&Co (I think) that I got for last years Valentine Project. I cut the PP at 6 x 10, and the white CS (PTI) at 7 x 10.5. I made a mark at the center of one of the short sides and trimmed my paper from the corner to my mark making the pennant shape. It was super easy! I used my SU Scallop border punch on the CS which was a pain.. but it looks great!


The large flowers are Heidi Swapp, and the rest of the flowers and the pearls are SU. I misted the medium flower with Glimmer Mist to make it a light pink. I cut vintage sheet music with the largest Nestabilities scallop circle die (well, the largest that I own), sprayed it with a little glimmer mist and crinkled it up. The chipboard letters were painted with Tim Holtz Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers. I "pounced" the paint on to get the texture. The lace trim was from Wal-Mart I believe, and I have had it for quite a while.  



Banner 001 


Banner 002


Banner 004


  


Banner 009


Check out some other Valentine ideas:




 
 
 



3 comments:

vanessa zinke said...

Very Cute!

Trisha said...

How pretty, and it would go great with my cottage decor! Thanks for the inspiration.:)

Monika Davis said...

What a great banner! Love the paper, the flowers... the lace... very pretty! TFS!