October 19, 2009

A new layout

This weekend my SIL gave me the best belated birthday gift ever... she kept both girls overnight! The girls had a blast, and Mommy had some much needed alone time. I even spent some of it in my craft room!

2009 10 17_2831a

This layout is about traditions. Specifically BBQ traditions in the Frymire house. I am determined to use up my stash, so out came some REALLY old PP by K&Co. The chipboard letters are from Heidi Swapp and Paper Studio (Large T) and were spritzed with Red Velvet Glimmer Mist along with the red gingham PP. The chipboard absorbed the glimmer mist differently than the PP (of course) and did not look right. So I pulled out my PTI Pure Poppy ink pad and added a little more red... perfect! The chipboard "S" has the edges inked with Pure Poppy also. Under the title and focal image is a scrap of "denimish" (ok.. not a word but I can not think of a better one right now) fabric that i frayed the edges on. The focal picture and the "s" accent are up on dimensionals.

I think that I want to go back and distress the edges of the denim PP a little, but other than that I like it!



No comments: