April 15, 2012

Shimelle's Weekend Challenges

I decided to play along with Shimelle's Craft Weekend posts this weekend. I made 3 pages based in her challenges, and plan to do a few more of them before the deadline next weekend.
The first page "Great Grandma" was created for Challenge 11 - Two Patterns. This Teresa Collins - Spring Fling PP was still on my workspace after finishing a min album for my Aunt this week. I added some Thickers for the title, but the rest is from the Spring Fling collection.


The next layout that I completed was created using Challenge 2 - Mixing Papers. The pink PP in the background is a really old piece of baby themed paper from American Traditional. The black floral transparency is from Ki Memories, and the pink and white chevron is from the Bella Blvd - Spring Flings and Easter Things collection. This challenge was really outside of my comfort zone as I typically use all of 1 collection, or a kit that has been prepared by someone else. I am not that good at putting them together myself!
The rub-on frame around the focal image, the heart button in the title and the camera brad have all been in my stash for years. I also used some 7 Gypsies stickers, Thickers Alphas, Tim Holtz washi tape and the black swirly border sticker is from Queen and Co.

The last layout that I completed today is for Challenge 10 - Something Bold. I have had these patterned papers from Stampin Up (I think??) for years. My daughter Megan took this picture after her last ballet class of the year, and her note in the picture says it all. I could not come up with a title, so I decided to leave it be. I can always add one later if it really bothers me.



2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your layouts! The colors and papers you chose are perfect. But that ballet photo...oh my goodness that is beyond cute!! =D

Debbie P said...

Your layouts are gorgeous! You did an absolutely wonderful job mixing the patterns.