September 19, 2011

Sira's Card Box

Sira made quite a few cards while she was here with us, and I decided to make her a box to keep them in. Of course this was a surprise so I had to wait until she received her boxes that we shipped before I could post it!
So... here it is. I had no clue where it was going to end up when I started. I just played around. I love the vintage/ distressed look that resulted, even though it is not typically my style.

Here are the supplies that I used:

And no.. the color is not off in these pictures. That blue PP is the same, the color changed with the Distress Ink, glimmer mist, and the Mod Podge.. but I like it better! Here are some more pictures:

8 comments:

Karen C. said...

Kelly, this looks like a beautiful way to store cards. I like the personal touches you've added with her name. I'm sure she will love it!!

Michelle said...

What a great place to keep cards....instead of all over the place in little piles....

SiraC said...

You are amazing ;**

Lorraine said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous! I love what you did with the box - the colors, techniques & embellies.

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! What an ethereal beauty. I just adore the colors and the soft blending. Such a pretty keepsake. Gosh you are so talented.

Anne B said...

Fantastic idea and gift, Kelly. Love the use of all the distress ink and glimmer :)

Danielle said...

What a beautiful box! And so practical!

Kristin said...

how sweet of you! I love that box.