November 15, 2010

So far behind!!!

I am so far behind in posting my projects! In the last post (from Halloween) you can see some trick-or-treat bags that I made for the girls.
I started with some little canvas totes from Hobby Lobby and using some Heidi Swapp masks and Glimmer Mist I added some color and the girl's names to each tote. Then I pulled out the trusty glue gun and added a tulle ruffle and a rosette also made out of tulle with a PTI button in the middle. Then I filled in the names with some glow-in-the-dark puff paint from WalMart. So cute and the perfect size!

We actually added another shade of blue to Sira's after the pictures were taken. These pictures were taken before the addition of the puff paint.



We also make one for Maike (before we found out that Hannah and Neila would be trick-or-treating with the girls)


6 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute! Like the tulle rosettes and these were super fast to make too! Looks like everyone had a fabulous time!

Chris said...

CUTE project!! Tell me more about how you did the names, please? Are they stencils? Masked off with tape before painting? I would love to do this for the swim team tshirts next season!

Kelly said...

Chris- I used some old Heidi Swapp Alphabet masks. I can not find them online to show you :( They are essentially stickers that you can reuse. You could do the same thing with Alphabet stickers. Place the stickers down on the bag and mist over them. Pull up the stickers (or masks)and you are left with the name with color around it!

Lorraine said...

Oh I love those bags you made! And your girls are so adorable!

Anne B said...

Oh what cute bags - what every little girl needs for treats :)

Emily said...

Oh, how fun are those bags!? Love them!