February 8, 2012

LOAD Days 5-7

I am still hanging in and keeping up with LOAD! I think that my goal of finishing the Disney cruise album this month is actually attainable!
Day 5s layout uses a large professional photo from the cruise. I thought that it would be easy, but of course not! This layout took me longer than the 2 pager from Day 4! I was adding stickles to the green Prima flowers, and of course managed to get some on the photo. So after much agonizing over the ruined photo I decided to go with the flow and make it pixie dust! So then I went a little overboard adding stickles to the rest of the layout. I also went through 3 different sets of  alpha stickers before I found the right color/size/font combination for the title. 
I am not in love with my Day 6 layout, but it is what it is. I was not very motivated Monday and was rushing to get this done before dinner was ready. I used a sketch from the Page Maps 2 book, and more of the Splash collection from Echo Park. I cut the white piece, the journaling card and the palm trees from my Cricut. When I was done the layout needed something else so I added the yellow paint around the edges.
Day 7 was a pretty quick layout to put together. I used the negative from the Day 6 Cricut cut as a frame around my page. Used 2 large (6X8) photos from the cruise. I ran out of the mickey head bling and made 1 more (gotta keep the visual triangle going) using regular bling. You can not even tell which one did not come that way! I did just notice that the swirly tail piece from the memories sticker that I trimmed made its way to the bottom of the layout. That is not supposed to be there!

No comments: